- By archiving contacts, you can clean your mailing lists, efficiently organize and keep your contacts updated. It also helps you to keep your contacts within the total contacts limit of your plan.
- To archive contacts in Mailmodo, you can achieve it by archiving a list or segment that includes the contacts you want to archive.
Step - 1: Go to Segments and lists in Contacts and click Archive from the overflow menu on the segment/list to be archived
Step - 2: Enable Archive contacts and type ARCHIVE in the textbox below and click on Yes, archive segment/list to confirm. Please note that this action cannot be reversed.
Viola, the archiving will be in progress and you'll receive a notification when it's done.
Please note that the archived contacts will not be counted towards your plan limit. Please visit the pricing page to know the total contacts limit of your plan.
How will archiving contacts impact existing workflows and reports?
- Archived contacts will be removed from the Total, Monthly active, Blocked, and Unsubscribed contact lists but will remain in the Activities and Engagement graphs in the Contacts performance section. They will also be included in New contacts, Unsubscribed, Growth trend, and Contact source in the Contacts growth section but not in All contacts.
- Archived contacts will be removed from their current list/segment and dynamic segments when refreshed. They will also be excluded from new Static and Dynamic segments. Existing journey instances will be canceled, and new enrollments won't happen if the contact is archived. However, archived contacts will still be included in Campaign and Journey Dashboards and Reports.
How to unarchive previously archived contacts?
The archived contacts will be unarchived if the
- The contact is imported via CSV, added manually, via the APIs, or from other apps (viz. Zapier, Make, Mixpanel, Salesforce, HubSpot, Segment.io, etc)
- An event or a campaign is triggered via the API and other platforms.
How will the email activity of the archived contacts be impacted?
- If an archived contact opens or clicks an email, submits a form in an email, or unsubscribes the respective status will be updated for the contact in the campaign
Please note that the contact will remain unarchived in the above scenarios and the campaign activity export to other platforms will contiue to happen if enabled