What is a suppression list?
A suppression list contains all the email addresses that have opted out/unsubscribed from your emails or have marked your emails as spam. You make this list to ensure that you do not send emails to such email addresses as doing so might damage your reputation. A suppression list helps maintain the sender’s reputation by ensuring that they send emails to those who want to receive them.
How to upload a Suppression List?
What is the difference between unsubscribed from all email types v/s unsubscribed for individual email types?
Unsubscribed from all email types means that the contact has unsubscribed from all the current email types and they will be unsubscribed from the new email types created in the future.
Unsubscribed from individual email types means that the contact has unsubscribed from the selected email types and they will be subscribed to the new email types created in the future.
To understand the difference between the two, let's consider the following example:
- Assume there are email types A, B, and C and you can have two contacts X & Y.
- You have added X to the suppression list and have kept the email types field empty i.e. unsubscribe from all email types
- You have added Y to the suppression list and have explicitly unsubscribed users from email types A, B, and C i.e. unsubscribe from individual email types
- Now, add another email type named D to the platform
Once you add a new email type D, the following will happen:
- X will remain unsubscribed from email type D i.e. they will not receive campaign that uses templates of email type D
- Y will get subscribed to email type D i.e. they will receive a campaign that uses templates of email type D