How to import contacts from Jotform to Mailmodo
Last updated January 14, 2024
Jotform is an all-in-one form builder that helps to collect and manage data. You can use Jotform's drag-and-drop interface to create customised forms and surveys without any coding knowledge.
In this article you will learn to connect Jotform forms to Mailmodo via webhooks, facilitating smooth transfer of website submissions to Mailmodo's database. Once done you can trigger journey or send bulk campaigns directly from the Mailmodo dashboard for your newly acquired leads.
Step 1: [Mailmodo] Go to Integrations page and select Forms and landing pages → Add Form -> Select Jotform -> Click on Continue
Step 2 : [Mailmodo] On the step 1 of the wizard, provide following details:
- Form name -> Provide a user-friendly name to uniquely identify the form.
- Choose a list -> Whenever submission is made in Jotform, we will add the contact to a list in Mailmodo as well. You can either create a new list or use existing list for the Jotform submission.
Step 3 : [Mailmodo] Click next and you will see the webhook endpoint which needs to be configured in your Jotform account. At this point, Mailmodo is waiting for a test submission to map the Jotform form fields with Mailmodo contact properties and complete the integration.
Step 4 : [Jotform] Select your form in Jotform→ Edit Form → Go to settings → Integrations → WebHooks
Step 5 : [Jotform] Add the webhook from Mailmodo and add it here. Click on complete integration → Finish
Step 6 : [Jotform] Go to build → enable Preview form. Fill the form and submit to send your test submission.
Step 7 : [Instapage] Open your landing page and send your test submission
Step 8: [Mailmodo] Once a test submission is received. You will have to map form field with contact property in Mailmodo.
Step 9 : [Mailmodo] While mapping, you can choose to map form fields to existing contact properties or create new properties. Also, you can choose to not import the Jotform field as contact properties in Mailmodo.
Make sure each Jotform field in uniquely mapped to the appropriate data type in Mailmodo. For e.g. if you mapped Jotform date field to a string field in Mailmodo then it will be stored as string and not as date.
Step 10 : [Mailmodo] Once the mapping is complete, click on Save to complete the setup.
Save button will not be enabled until email address field is mapped.
Step 11 : [Mailmodo] That's it. Once the form goes into Connected state, any new submissions on your Jotform landing page will be added as contacts in Mailmodo.
Contacts added to Mailmodo via Jotform will have Source set to Jotform
Step 12 : [Mailmodo] You can manage the connected form or view details about the imported contacts as per your needs.
It is recommended to create and connect a different form URLs for each landing page in your Jotform account to prevent any unforeseen issues.
Now, you are ready to use your Jotform contacts to trigger journey, send any bulk campaign or create segmentation.
Once contacts are added in your system you can enroll them in pre-built journeys in Mailmodo. Else, you can always create your own journey using this guide or send bulk campaigns to the collected contacts.
I made the submission in Jotform but it is not reflecting as contacts in Mailmodo. What can be the reason?
If you are making submission in Jotform but they are not reflecting in Mailmodo then it can be due to the following reasons:
- Form is not in Connected state i.e. current state of the form is either submission pending or disconnected.
- Jotform submission doesn't have a valid email address.
- Jotform has been edited after initial connection and now fields are not properly mapped in Mailmodo
- Webhook URL entered in Jotform is not mapping the endpoint for the form in Mailmodo
Why is the number of submissions in Jotform is not matching the contacts imported count in Mailmodo?
The number of submissions in Jotform may not match the number of contacts in Mailmodo due to the following reasons:
- Duplicate submission with the same email address is made. In such cases, contact properties in Mailmodo are updated with recent submissions.
- Submission didn't have a valid email address.
- Jotform form has submission prior to the integration setup -> Mailmodo doesn't sync form submission made prior to the connection.
I have edited the form for a landing page in the Jotform account. How do I change the form mapping in Mailmodo?
You will need to perform the following steps whenever you want to make changes to your Jotform:
- Publish the changes you want to make to your form in the Jotform landing page.
- Once published, open the updated Jotform landing page in the browser and make a test submission.
- Go to your Mailmodo account, click on the Manage mapping option for the connect form.
- You will see the latest submission available for mapping. Make changes as appropriate and click on Save.
- That's it. You have successfully updated the mapping. All new submissions will be imported to Mailmodo as per the new mapping.
Until you change the mapping, Mailmodo will continue to add or update contacts as per the mapping done previously. Any mismatch between the submission and mapped field will be ignored.
It is recommended to create a separate Mailmodo form (aka different endpoint) for each of your form in Jotform landing page.