Use ‘Wait for time period’ as delay to make the journey wait for sometime in minutes, hours or days before going to the next step.
For example - Use this as a delay when you want to send another email to a contact after 3 days when the contact has opened the email but did not click on the link.
Key steps -
1. Drag and drop ‘Wait for time period’ card from the left panel.
2. Connect it to the relevant card in the journey.
3. Click on the ‘Wait for time period’ card to open the right panel.
4. Select the delay variable (minutes/hours/days) and add numerical value in the input field.
5. Click on the ‘Save’ button to complete the configuration.
This would mean, whenever the contact reaches the ‘wait for time period’ step in the journey, the journey would exactly wait for the added time period and then move to the next step.