Trigger Journeys in Mailmodo through Influencerbit
Modified on: Thu, 3 Nov, 2022 at 11:43 PM
In this article, we will see how to create journeys in Mailmodo triggered by events recorded in Influencerbit.
A journey can be triggered for the following use cases-
- When an Instagram username is recorded in Influencerbit, an email will be sent to the influencer, nudging them to mention your brand in an Instagram post. Be sure to include relevant CTA's and incentives in your email.
- Every time your brand is mentioned in an Instagram post, an email will be sent to the influencer thanking them for their post. You can also reward them with discount codes and gift coupons.
- You need a custom sender email address to create a journey in Mailmodo. The sender email should be added (and verified) to your Mailmodo account. If you want to send AMP emails, the sender address should be whitelisted.
- You need to create and configure your Influencerbit account.
Use case Specific Requirements
- If you want to send unique coupon codes/gift cards to influencers, you would need to contact Influencerbit for custom integration.
- If you want to implement both the use cases, you would have to create two separate journeys with their respective campaigns.
In this article, we will cover
1. Creating a template in Mailmodo
2. Creating a Journey in Mailmodo
3. Integrating Mailmodo and Influencerbit
Creating a Template in Mailmodo
Step 1- Go to templates from the vertical menu on the left side. Click on create new template.
Step 2- Either select a blank template or a pre made template
Step 3- Use the editor to edit the template. Save and rename the template upon completion. After saving, click on the back arrow.
You will be redirected to the template library. The saved template should be visible here.
Creating a Journey in Mailmodo
Step 1- Go to Journey from the vertical menu on the left.
Step 2- Click on Create New Journey.
Step 3- Mailmodo's drag-and-drop journey builder will open. Click on ‘Select Journey Trigger’. Choose ‘Influencerbit’ from the right panel and then click on ‘save’.
Step 4 - Choose any ‘Action card’ from the left panel. You can use ‘Send campaign’ if you wish to trigger a campaign using Influencerbit as a trigger. Click on the ‘Send campaign’ block and add details.
Step 5 - You can also test the journey before publishing it using ‘Test Journey’ option. Click on Publish to make it active.
Step 6- The journey would be visible on your dashboard. Make sure the journey status is Running. Click on Enroll contacts as shown below :
Step 7: In the new pop-up ‘Influencer bit’ will be shown as a trigger by default. Click on the show ‘API key’. This API key will be used to connect Mailmodo to Influencerbit.
Note - You can also get the API key from Mailmodo Integration Page
Go to Integrations from the vertical menu (on the left)->Locate Influencerbit from the list of platforms->Click to authenticate->A dialogue box will open, Copy the API key.
To access the key in the future, go to Integrations-> Locate Influnecerbit in Connected Platforms-> See Details
Now, we have to integrate Mailmodo with Influencerbit.
Integrating Mailmodo and Influencerbit
Step 1- Click on Integrations on the Influencerbit dashboard.
Step 2- Select Mailmodo from the list of platforms. Click on Connect.
Step 3- A dialogue box will open. Paste the API key copied from Mailmodo. Give a suitable List Name.
Paste the Journey ID for the use case you want to implement. If you want to implement both the use cases, you need to create two different journeys (with their respective campaigns).
Keep the Campaign URL field blank. This is used for sending unique discount codes to each user. If you want to use this feature, you can contact Influencerbit for custom integration.
Step 4- Click on Activate.
Make sure your Mailmodo journey status is Active.
Every time a new Instagram username is recorded (or your brand gets a mention on Instagram), the respective journey will be triggered and an email will be sent to the influencer.
To test new username journey, go to home->People/Influencers->Import->Manual Entry->Add IG Username and Email. An email would be sent to the added influencer.
You have successfully created a trigger journey!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.