Segmenting your contacts using custom events can be incredibly valuable because it allows you to better understand your audience and tailor your messaging to their specific needs and behaviors. By tracking custom events, you can gather valuable data on how your contacts interact with your brand, which pages they visit, which products or services they are interested in and much more.
Here is is our definitive guide to understanding custom events and how to send them
Using custom events in Mailmodo, you can segment your contacts based on various criteria. Some of the filters available for segmentation using custom events in Mailmodo include:
- Event name: You can filter your contacts based on specific event names that you have tracked in Mailmodo. For example, you can segment contacts who've viewed a product using say "Product Viewed" event
- Event occurrence: You can filter your contacts based on the occurrence as well as not occurrence of the event
- Event frequency: You can filter your contacts based on how frequently or infrequently an event has been performed.
- Event date: You can filter your contacts based on when specific events occurred, allowing you to target contacts who have recently engaged with your brand. The date operators available are as given in the table below.
- Event property: You can filter your contacts based on specific properties associated with events, such as the value of a purchase or the type of product that was viewed. For example, you can further segment contacts who have viewed products belonging to a particular category using say "Category" property.
The operators available for event properties depend on the data type of the properties and are also given in the table below
Please find below the conditions for a sample segment of contacts who have viewed any product at least 1 time in the last 15 days containing the category name "Mobiles"
Using these filters, you can create highly targeted segments of your audience and deliver personalized messaging that resonates with their interests and behaviors. This can help improve engagement, increase conversions, and ultimately drive revenue for your business.
Here is a step by step guide to segmenting your contacts using Custom Events