Syncing Mixpanel cohorts to Mailmodo
Last updated December 24, 2023
Mixpanel integration allows you to export cohorts in Mixpanel to Mailmodo and send personalized campaigns to the cohort users from Mailmodo.
In this guide, we will show the step by step process to integrate Mixpanel with Mailmodo:
Step 1: In you Mailmodo account, Go to the ‘Integrations’ tab from the left navigational bar.
Step 2: Locate Mixpanel from the list of platforms. Click on ‘Click to configure’.
Step 3: Copy the webhook URL shown in the modal. This URL will be required while setting up webhook in Mixpanel.
Step 4: Now, go to your Mixpanel account and setup the custom webhook (under Data Management -> Integration -> Custom Webhook -> Add Connection) using the URL copied in step 3. For detailed guide, check Mixpanel documentation on how to setup custom webhook . You will need to enter following details in the modal:
- Choose the name of the connection
- Enter the webhook URL (from Step 3)
- Property to export
- Leave this empty - if you are using default email property of Mixpanel (named as $email) in the dropdown list.
- Select email and other required properties - if you are not using default email property of Mixpanel to store email address then you need to explicity choose the email and other properties which you want to sync.
- Username and password -> Leave this empty
Step 5: Click on continue to complete the custom webhook setup for Mailmodo.
To export a cohort to Mailmodo:
Step 1: Navigate to Cohorts by clicking Cohorts under the Data Management tab in the top navigation bar.
Step 2: Select the cohort that you want to export. Click on the three-dot icon on the right side of the cohort and click Export to <name of the custom webhook setup earlier>.
Step 3: Select the export type for the cohort. Recurring sync is recommended.
- One-time export : In a one-time export, Mixpanel sends Mailmodo a static export of users who currently qualify for the cohort. The cohort data will not be updated in Mailmodo after a one-time export.
- Recurring sync : In recurring sync, Mixpanel initiates sync between a cohort and Mailmodo every 15 to 30 minutes. The exported cohort will be updated every 15 minutes to reflect the most recent list of users in a cohort.
Step 4: Check the export status after you export the cohort as described.
Please note Mailmodo will only sync users with valid email addresses. So, if there is a mismatch between the count in Mixpanel and Mailmodo, it will be because of the following:
1. User doesn't have an email address in Mixpanel
2. User's email address in not valid in Mixpanel
3. Users have duplicate email address in Mixpanel
Once an export is complete, you would be able to see the cohort as a list in Mailmodo like below. This list can be used in any Mailmodo campaigns to send personalized messages to the users.
Here is the table showing how Mixpanel user properties will be mapped to Mailmodo:
|Mixpanel Reserved Properties
|Property name in Mailmodo
|Data type in Mailmodo